Woohoo, it's time for a Particle Mesh party! So why not cater for connectivity with the Particle Mesh 2G/3G Cellular, a veritable smörgåsbord (yum!) to begin building mesh networking for your IoT project. Particle Mesh means you can create local networks that collect data, share messages, and connect to the Internet through a Particle gateway.
Like all Particle Mesh boards, it even has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Poly battery and deploy your local network in minutes. The Boron is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints. And because it has a 2G/3G cellular modem, it can work just about anywhere in the world.
Note that there's also a Particle Boron with LTE support, but this one is 2G or 3G only! The Particle Boron 2G/3G is a powerful board that can act as a gateway between any 2G or 3G cellular network and your local Particle Mesh network.
You might be looking at these dev boards and thinking "Hey wow you know they kinda look like Feathers!" Well you've won a fabulous prize because they are in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Particle checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities. (Please note that there may not be Particle Mesh libraries for all the hardware we make, if you're not sure, check with them to see if there's a driver available for their IDE)
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. Prototyping is free and Particle customers receive 10 free cloud micro networks which means one gateway (like the Boron or Argon) and up to 10 additional devices (like Xenons). Please refer to their pricing documentation for more information.
- u-blox SARA U201 2G/3G modem
- HSPA/GSMqq with global hardware and SIM support
- 3GPP Release 7
- Bands 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- Dual SIM support: Nano 4FF and MFF2
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.