Adafruit MONOCHRON Clock kit - Open source clock platform, make clocks! - v1.0
Share this Product
MONOCHRON® is a new clock kit from Adafruit! This easy kit is easily hackable to do whatever you wish, it's a clock platform - have fun!
- 128x64 LCD (KS0108) - we special-ordered the black and white display!
- ATmega328 processor (we even stuck an 'arduino' stk500 bootloader on there too for hacking ease)
- Laser cut enclosure in black acrylic
- Beeping/blinking alarm with 10 minute snooze
- Battery backed-up real time clock (DS1307) keeps time even when power is lost for years
- European/US and 12/24 hour time display as well as date
- Completely open source hardware, all firmware, layout and CAD files are yours to mess with
- Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in
Comes with: clock kit (includes all parts, programmed chips and LCD), coin battery, enclosure, 9VDC power supply for 220V or 110V
The firmware shipped with the kit is for the Retro Arcade Table Tennis for Two as shown in the video below. We have other clock firmwares available on the project page if you would like to change the display. This clock no longer includes the FTDI Friend + extras for updating the MONOCHRON with new clocks We suggest picking one up if you want to reprogram the clock (our tutorial for how to do this is on the MONOCHRON website.
You'll need some basic soldering & hand tools that are necessary to assemble it! The good news is that this is a pretty basic kit and even if its your first soldering project, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours to put together
For much more information including parts list, instructions, videos, etc. check out the MONOCHRON website
- Amanda 'w0z' Wozniak - - designed the beautiful enclosure
- Caitsith2 - beta-tested, and submitted some great firmware mods
- Buro Vormkijgers - Inspired many people relive the joy of their retro-youth (we are in no way associated with Buro Vormkijgers, at the request of Sander Mulder on 4/10/2010 we've included a link to his site here.)