We sure love the ATmega328 here at Adafruit, and we use them a lot for our own projects. The processor has plenty of GPIO, Analog inputs, hardware UART SPI and I2C, timers and PWM galore - just enough for most simple projects. When we need to go small, we use a Metro Mini, but when size isn't as much of a concern, and a USB-serial converter is required, we reach for an Adafruit METRO.
METRO is the culmination of years of playing with AVRs: we wanted to make a development board that is easy to use and is hacker friendly.
As of Nov 12 2018, this now comes with a SiLabs CP2104 instead of FTDI chipset for USB-to-serial. We also now do not solder in the DC jack as well, so its even skinnier!
- ATmega328 microcontroller with Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader
- USB Programming and debugging via the well-supported genuine CP2104
- Input voltage: 7-9V (a 9VDC power supply is recommended)
- 5V regulator can supply peak ~800mA as long as the die temp of the regulator does not exceed 150*C
- 3.3V regulator can supply peak ~150mA as long as the die temp of the regulator does not exceed 150*C
- 5V logic with 3.3V compatible inputs, can be converted to 3.3V logic operation
- 20 Digital I/O Pins: 6 are also PWM outputs and 6 are also Analog Inputs
- 6-pin ICSP Header for reprogramming
- 32KB Flash Memory - 0.5K for bootloader, 31.5KB available after bootloading
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- Compatible with "Classic" and "R3" Shields
- Adafruit Black PCB with gold plate on pads
- 53mm x 68.5mm / 2.1" x 2.7"
- Height (w/ barrel jack): 13mm / 0.5"
- Weight: 16.5g
- Derivative of "Arduino UNO R3 Reference design"
- Open source hardware files on github!
- Fritzing object in the Adafruit Fritzing Library
- ATmega328P product page
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.