Pssst... Want to win a Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Laptop?
Adafruit Diffused 'Piranha' Super-flux RGB (tri-color) LED (10 pack)
Dffused 5mm tri-color LEDs with separate red, green and blue LED chips inside! Ultra bright indicator or illuminator, and fun to color-swirl. 90 degree viewing angle. You can plug these into a breadboard diagonally.
These are Common-Anode type which means you connect one pin to 5V or so and then tie the other three legs to ground through a resistor. We carry and use CA more than CC because multi-LED driver chips (such as the TLC5940/TLC5941) are often designed exclusively for CA and can't be used with Common-Cathode.
Each order comes with 10 LEDs.
- 0.3"/7.6mm on each side, square. Sometimes called 'Super flux' or 'Piranha'
- Diffused lens, 90 degree viewing angle
- Red: 620 nm wavelength, Green: 517 nm, Blue: 460 nm
- Red: 1.8-2.2V Forward Voltage, at 20mA current, Green: 3.0-3.3V, Blue: 3.0-3.3V
- Red: 800 mcd typical brightness, Green: 1500 mcd, Blue: 700 mcd (3000 mcd total)
- FD-115TRGB-A2 Datasheet
Diffused 'Piranha' Super-flux RGB (tri-color) LED (10 pack) (2:47)