For many years, instructors and teachers have asked us to come up with a better way to teach programming and electronics. We have worked on Circuit Playground Express for over a year to come up with a board that is powerful, beautiful, fun, and perfect for teaching Code.org CS Discoveries
Circuit Playground Express is a perfect introduction to electronics and programming. It combines a poweful ATSAMD21G18 microcontroller with full Code.org CS Discoveries, MakeCode, CircuitPython and Arduino support. You can program it in any of those language and it even comes with a collection of useful sensors, inputs and outputs all built-in! The board is round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don't have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB like your computer. To make it portable, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users) can be plugged in. Circuit Playground Express has built-in USB support. Built in USB means you plug it in to program it and it just shows up, no special cable or adapter required. Just program your code into the board then take it on the go!
This pack is for educators who wish to purchase Circuit Playground Express development boards in bulk along with accessories for getting started. You'll get enough parts for 15 students working individually or 30 students working paired up. All at a price that makes it possible to give anyone a chance to explore, perfect for classrooms and workshops!
In particular, this pack is for instructors teaching the physical computing unit of the Code.org CS Discoveries curriculum, but it can also be used by any instructor who is teaching with MakeCode, Arduino or CircuitPython
Here's some of the great goodies baked in to each Circuit Playground Express:
Please note: this product is a specially discounted pack and is not eligible/applies towards our free items tiers
- Check out our detailed tutorial for pinouts, driver installation, Arduino IDE usage, and more!
- Circuit Playground outer diameter: ~50.6mm / ~2.0"
- Circuit Playground weight: 8.5g
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.