Adafruit Circuit Playground Express Developer Edition - Base Kit [ADA3517]
Please note: This initial run of CPX is for developers and makers only! We're still adding full support for all of the cool sensors to MakeCode/CircuitPython/Arduino. There will be many drastic changes in APIs and functionality, so it is not ready for use with students or beginners: here be dragons!
It's the Circuit Playground Express Base Kit! It provides the few things you'll need to get started with the new Circuit Playground Express . This version of Circuit Playground is super powered, and will work with Microsoft MakeCode, CircuitPython or Arduino IDE. If you are looking for our original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.
- Circuit Playground Express - Developer Edition
- USB cable - A/MicroB - 3ft
- 3 x Alkaline AAA batteries
- 3 x AAA Battery Holder with On/Off Switch, JST, and Belt Clip
- Mini Storage Box
About Circuit Playground Express:
Because you can program the same board in 3 different ways - the Express has great value and re-usability. From beginners to experts, Circuit Playground Express has something for everyone. If you are looking for our original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.
Here's some of the great goodies baked in to each Circuit Playground:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, labeled A and B
- 1 x Slide switch
- Infrared receiver and transmitter - can receive and transmit any remote control codes, as well as send messages between Circuit Playground Expresses. Can also act as a proximity sensor.
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!