Adafruit Beam Pluggable LED Boards by Hover Labs [ADA3668]
Share this Product
Beam is a beginner-friendly PCB with 120 LEDs arranged in a 5x24 grid, a great size to display text or animations in your project. Plug in one to four to create a long blinky display that can be controlled by any 3-5V microcontroller or microcomputer (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Particle, and more). The Beam boards communicate via I2C so you only need 2 pins!
Build a line of glowing notification text or even animation! Beams can be daisy chained — up to four in a row! Go from a single 5x24 grid to a 5x96 grid of 480 LEDs. Don't worry if you're still working on your soldering skills because the dual side connectors make it easy to snap together.
- 120 cool white LEDs per board
- I2C communication is compatible with 3.3V and 5V platforms
- Fully assembled with female headers for plugging in wires
- Arduino & Particle Library available
- 3.3V Powered
- On-board logic level shifting
- Connect up to 4 beams together
- Slider switch to change I2C address