New Raspberry Pi Launched! Introducing the NEW Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
Adafruit AV (NTSC or PAL) to HDMI (720p or 1080p) Video and Audio Adapter [ADA3378]
Do you have an older electronic device that isn't compatible with your HDMI equipment? Here's an adapter that will allow you to convert your older composite AV-output devices on modern TVs and monitors. Perfect for reviving or re-using your older pieces of equipment that might not have an HDMI output (like an old computer or game system).
This plug-and-play adapter takes 3-wire composite input: NTSC or PAL video on yellow, then left and right audio on the red and white RCA connectors. The video is then converted to HDMI and piped out the other side. Audio is added to the HDMI signal so you can use this with monitors or TVs that have built in speakers. Or, grab the audio from the 3.5mm audio jack. You can select 720p or 1080p output by pressing the little button on the side. Both video and audio are integrated into the HDMI output, providing an all-digital signal to maximize the fidelity of the audio and video.
Note that this converter doesn't magically clean up NTSC signals and make them 720p/1080p. NTSC/PAL video is much lower resolution, about 480p! While the output is in that format the video itself will still have the same quality and resolution as the input.
- Video and audio output in 1080p or 720p digital HDMI format
- Supports input video formats PAL, NTSC, and SECAM
- 3.5mm stereo audio output signal (use when connecting to DVI TV and monitor)
- No need to install drivers! The adapter is portable, flexible, plug and play
- If using with 4:3 output, there is no auto-letterboxing, you will have to adjust horizontal scaling on your TV or monitor to undo the stretch.
- Package includes: Converter and DC 5V/1A power supply