The 16 Edge LED TinyShield allows some cool and easy LED indications using only five I/O signals.
The 16 LEDs are mounted around the outside of the board, and can easily be seen even when the LED board is in the middle of a TinyShield stack up. The LEDs are arranged using Charlieplexing, which is a technique to allow for control of multiple LEDs using fewer I/O signals. Available with Red, Green and Amber LED colour options.
To learn more about the TinyDuino Platform, click here
To see what other TinyShields this will work with or conflict with, check out the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix
- 16 Side Mounted LEDs around the edge of the board
- Charlieplexed IO on 5 signals
- Available in Green, Amber or Red
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- 1.5mA per LED (3.0V)
- 5.0mA per LED (5.0V)
- Due to the low current, this board can be run using the TinyDuino coin cell option
- Pins 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are used, see schematic or sample code for connections
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- The LEDs are hooked up using Charlieplexing, a technique for driving many LEDs with only a few IO signals. See the tutorial to learn more about this and use our free library to control these easily.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.