The Tiny Arcade lets you relive the golden age of video games with an arcade cabinet that fits in the palm of your hand. Originally launched on Kickstarter!
- Beautiful, vibrant full color OLED screen
- Games are free and open source - play community made games or write your own
- SD card expansion slot - download new games and insert card
- High quality analog joystick and two push buttons
- Built-in speaker and rechargeable lithium battery
- USB port for charging and game development
- Clear and Black Acrylic
- Customize your cabinet with supplied artwork stickers or design and print your own
- Electronics based around the same 32-bit ARM processor as the Arduino Zero
We're old school arcade lovers here - there is nothing quite like the experience of playing a game on an arcade cabinet. We've created Tiny Arcade to let you experience that feeling anywhere, by shrinking an arcade cabinet to just a few inches tall.
The Tiny Arcade lets you experience many retro type games which can be downloaded completely free from our site or any number of others that create games for the Tiny Arcade. You can also play videos on the Tiny Arcade at 30 FPS with audio.
The Tiny Arcade is based around TinyCircuits, a modular Arduino compatible platform the size of a quarter which stack together like electronic LEGOs. There is an analog joystick and two push buttons for playing the games, a built in speaker for playing audio, a Lithium battery, built in USB for charging (and reprogramming), and a microSD expansion slot.
Even though the Tiny Arcade is built around the Arduino platform - don't worry if you're not a programmer, there is no need to download any special software or do any soldering with the Tiny Arcade, you can use it without any special knowledge.
The Tiny Arcade can load games on the fly off a microSD card, a menu is provided at power up that shows a preview of all of the games available on the microSD card, choose one and it gets loaded in a second and you're playing away. No need to reprogram the Tiny Arcade over USB.
Watch videos and movies on your Tiny Arcade. Convert any MP4 movie using a free utility to the TinyScreen format, put them on a microSD card, plug in and watch your videos (with sound!).
The Tiny Arcade is only as good as the games it supports, and out of the box there are plenty to get you going. Like Flappy Birds, Tiny Invaders (by Eike Decker), Asteroids, Tiny Outrun (by Jon Wingrove). And being open source, we look forward to community members developing and releasing their own games as well.
Find the current games for the Tiny Arcade here.
The Tiny Arcade is simple to put together - there is no soldering needed, or any special tools. The circuit boards snap together, and the acrylic cases assemble like a jigsaw puzzle with no glue needed. It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble a Tiny Arcade.
The Kit Includes:
- Tiny Arcade Flex Board
- Arcade Case Pieces (either Clear or Black Acrylic)
- Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery
- 2 sheets of arcade artwork to add to the outside of the cabinet if you wish
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.