Whether you're pulling-up or pulling-down, there's no need to frown! With the PUD HAT from ModMyPi, adding multiple pull-up or pull-down resistors to your Raspberry Pi project is easy! The PUD HAT is an expanded version of the smaller PUD board.
If you want to detect an "output" with your Raspberry Pi, like a button being pressed or a motion sensor detecting movement, we can configure our Raspberry Pi's GPIO pin as an "input". That input pin can be in three states (known as Tri-State logic); "high", when 3.3V is applied, "low", when the pin is connected to 0V, and "floating" when the state is undefined. Floating voltages are troublesome in electronics as the input can either read high or low depending on various fluctuations in electrical noise. Like a gate flapping open and closed in the wind, someone needs to lock the gate closed, or wedge it open. If you leave it flapping, it's likely to hit someone on their bottom on the way through!
Like our gate, the best way to avoid a floating input is to "tie" your input pin either high or low to create a default state. This is usually achieved through the use of a pull-up or pull-down resistor, either connecting our input pin via a resistor to the Pi's 3.3V to achieve a 3.3V high state, or the GND line to achieve 0V low state.
Our PUD HAT takes the messy wiring out of adding a pull-up or pull-down resistor to your circuit. Simply wire up the sensor output to the single pin on the PUD HAT and add a shunt jumper to either pull up (u) or down (d)! Therefore when you apply a signal voltage from your sensor or switch, the Pi is easily able to sense into which logic state the pin has been pulled! No more trouble from floating I/O's, the PUD HAT adds a jumper configurable pull-up or pull-down 10k? resistor to 26 of the Pi's GPIO pins.
- Add a pull-up or pull-down resistor to your GPIO with the swap of a jumper!
- Compatible with all 40-pin Raspberry Pi Models
- HAT compliant layout is easy to integrate into any Raspberry Pi Project
- Uses SMT Socket Header & 40 Pin Extra Tall "Single Shroud" Header
- Includes 14mm Mounting Kit
- Fully Assembled - No Soldering Required
- In-line 1k current limiting resistors on each GPIO
- 10k pull-up or pull-down resistors on each GPIO
- All 26 GPIO pins can be configured independently
- Includes 26 x 2 Pin Shunt Jumpers & 1 x PUD HAT
- Jumper configurable pull-up or pull-down resistor on pins:
- 3 (BCM 02)
- 5 (BCM 03)
- 7 (BCM 04)
- 29 (BCM 05)
- 31 (BCM 06)
- 26 (BCM 07)
- 24 (BCM 08)
- 21 (BCM 09)
- 19 (BCM 10)
- 23 (BCM 11)
- 32 (BCM 12)
- 33 (BCM 13)
- 8 (BCM 14)
- 10 (BCM 15)
- 36 (BCM 16)
- 11 (BCM 17)
- 12 (BCM 18)
- 35 (BCM 19)
- 38 (BCM 20)
- 40 (BCM 21)
- 15 (BCM 22)
- 16 (BCM 23)
- 18 (BCM 24)
- 22 (BCM 25)
- 37 (BCM 26)
- 13 (BCM 27)
- To pull pin-up, connect the jumper across "u" and the center pin
- To pull pin down, connect the jumper across "d" and the center pin
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.