This PoE (Power over Ethernet) HAT for the Raspberry Pi allows you to power the Raspberry Pi with a single (PoE power-injected) Ethernet cable and can be used with both the Raspberry Pi 4 and the Raspberry Pi 3B+ (PoE enabled models).
Not compatible with Raspberry Pi 5.
Upgraded version! As of 17/02/2022 we're shipping the latest upgraded version of this board, which is now compatible with more brands of switches and also non-standard 48v power supplies (only through 45+, 78-), PoE input 40-57V with multiple protection circuits. When the output is short-circuited to the ground, it will reduce the power but will not damage the product, and will recover automatically after the short circuit is removed.
Note: A network switch or power sourcing equipment (PSE) is required to supply the PoE signal, and they must be compliant with the IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at PoE standard, particularly section 33.4.1 with regards to PSE electrical isolation of the leads.
For non-isolated switches, such as some Ubiquiti switches that can not provide proper isolation, they can only work with CAT 5E and CAT 6E network cables.
- Standard: IEEE 802.3af compliant
- Input: IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE (Mode A)
- Output Power: 5V (2.5A Max)
- Total power budget: 12.5W
- Fan: 25mm x 25mm brushless
- Dimensions: 65mm x 44mm x 13mm
- Weight: 21g
- 1× PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi (with 25mm cooling fan)
- Standoffs and screws
- Only compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4
- Output power is 2.5A max - calculate/measure your project's power usage before purchasing
- As of 17/02/2022 we are shipping an upgraded version (U6242) that is compatible with more brands of switches and no longer requires the separate heatsink.