This PoE (Power over Ethernet) HAT for the Raspberry Pi 4/3B+ allows you to power the Raspberry Pi with a single (power-injected) Ethernet cable and can be used with both the Raspberry Pi 4 and the Raspberry Pi 3B+ (PoE enabled models).
The mini size does not occupy the main 40-pin GPIO header and allows it to be housed inside more compact enclosures. The HAT offers your Raspberry Pi 5V 2.5A with a total power budget of 12.5W.
You will need Power Supply Equipment (PSE) to supply the PoE signal to the Raspberry Pi via the Ethernet cable, such as a PoE switch or injector.
A heatsink is included which should be applied to the board as pictured. It is normal for the board to get hot during normal operating - ensure adequate ventilation to allow the heatsink to do its thang!
Following customer feedback, Uctronics have updated this PoE HAT to make it compatible with a wider range of switch brands as well as making it compatible with non-standard 48V PoE power supplies (through 45+, 78-), PoE input 40-57V with multiple protection circuits.
- Standard: IEEE 802.3af
- Input: IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE
- Output Power: 5V (2.5A Max)
- Dimensions: 65mm x 40mm x 8mm
- Weight: 10g
- 1x Mini PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi (no fan)
- 1x Heatsink
- 1x Printed booklet
Raspberry Pi and fan not included
- Only compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4
- You will need IEEE 802.3af compatible PSE (Power Supply Equipment) to supply PoE signal to the Raspberry Pi, such as a PoE switch or injector
- This HAT only supports CAT 5E and CAT 6E network cable
- Output power is 2.5A max - calculate/measure your project's power usage before purchasing
- As of 27/07/2022: After a long gap in stock availability, we are now stocking an updated model compatible with a wider range of switch brands as well as making it compatible with non-standard 48V PoE power supplies (through 45+, 78-), PoE input 40-57V with multiple protection circuits.