We've teamed up with BuyaPi to create this fantastic YouTube Workshop Kit for the Raspberry Pi!
We've created a series of 10 step by step tutorials videos, which will take you from creating your very first program and wiring in LEDs, buttons and buzzers, to more complex component coding with a digital thermometer, light dependent resistor and motion sensor.
Please note: the video tutorials use Python 2 which is an older version than currently used (Python 3) however the coding principles taught are mostly the same.
To complement the YouTube series, we've put together the YouTube workshop kit which includes all the components necessary to follow the 10 video guides from start to finish!
The kit consists of basic prototyping components such as a breadboard and jumper wires and includes a range of components including LEDs, resistors, capacitors, a button and buzzer, a thermistor, photoresistor and PIR sensor. Together, the kit and supporting material will take any Raspberry Pi enthusiast from novice to pro in 10 simple steps!
Perfect for beginners, pros, educators, or anyone interested in experimenting with electronics and the Raspberry Pi. Each video builds upon the last, and gradually constructs a large circuit out of all the parts. This demonstrates how to wire in multiple components at the same time, saves having to re-wire each project individually, and means you can go as fast or slow with the workshop as you want!
- 1 x Half-Size Breadboard (colour may vary)
- 15 x Male to Female Jumper Wires
- 5 x Male to Male Jumper Wires
- 2 x Ultra Bright 5mm Red LED
- 2 x Ultra Bright 5mm Blue LED
- 2 x 330 ohm Resistor
- 2 x 4.7k ohm Resistor
- 1 x 1µF Capacitor
- 1 x PCB Mount Push Button
- 1 x PCB Mount Buzzer
- 1 x DS18B20+ Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer
- 1 x Light Dependent Resistor
- 1 x HC-SR501 PIR Motion Sensor
- This kit does NOT include a Raspberry Pi
YouTube Workshop Tutorials
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (1/9) - Hello World
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (2/9) - LED On & Off
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (3/9) - LED Blink
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (4/9) - Push Button
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (5/9) - User Inputs
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (6/9) - SOS Buzzer
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (7/9) - Temperature Sensor
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (8/9) - Light Dependent Resistor
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (9/9) - Passive Infrared Sensor
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.