This Waveshare Compute Module 4 (CM4) IO board offers additional features when compared to the official Raspberry Pi option, adding a list of features useful for advanced evaluation, a wider range of industrial applications or makers looking for a great project base for their Compute Module 4 (CM4).
One of the main additional features is the Power over Ethernet (PoE) function, offering an 802.3af-compliant PoE circuit capable of 5V/2.5A. There are also 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (alongside the standard micro-USB port) for faster USB device and storage transfer rates.
The GPIO header has also been colour-coded on this IO board to make prototyping your projects and solutions much easier.
The power connection has a wide range of accepted input voltages from 7V up to 36V, allowing you to make the most of any existing PSUs you may already have. The fan connection supports 5V or 12V for greater cooling flexibility.
The board otherwise offers most of the same functions as the standard IO board including an RTC, 2x MIPI DSI display connections, 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera module connections, microSD Card slot, gigabit Ethernet, 2x HDMI ports and more. See the 'What's On Board' section below for more details.
Note: CM4 not included
What's On Board
1) CM4 socket
- Suitable for all variants of Compute Module 4
2) Power input
- 7~36V wide-range power supply
3) Gigabit Ethernet connector
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 with PoE support
4) USB SLAVE port
- Allows burning system image into Compute Module 4 eMMC variants
5) USB 3.2 ports
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen1 ports, for connecting sorts of USB devices
6) HDMI ports
- 2x HDMI ports, supports dual 4K 30fps output
- RTC battery holder, allows RTC-related functions like wakeup, shutdown, reboot, and more
- 2x MIPI CSI camera ports
- 2x MIPI DSI display port
- For connecting cooling fan, allows speed adjustment and measurement
11) FAN power selection
- 5V or 12V voltage to drive the fan
12) IO-VREF/PoE selection
- CM4 IO logic level: 3.3V or 1.8V
- PoE: enable (EN) or disable (DIS)
- 13) 40-pin GPIO header
14) CAM0 and DISP0 I2C bus
- Fit the jumpers when using CAM0 or DISP0
- 15) Misc configurations
16) Dual LED indicators
- Red: Raspberry Pi power indicator
- Green: Raspberry Pi operating status indicator
17) TF card slot (bottom side)
- Insert a Micro SD card with pre-burnt system, to start up Compute Module 4 Lite
- 1x Waveshare Compute Module 4 PoE Board
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.