Motor Driver Board v2 for the micro:bit
This motor driver board for the micro:bit allows two motors to be driven with forward, reverse, and stop control, and allows access to the other pins.
This board provides a simple way to add motor driving capability to a micro:bit. It allows two motors to be driven with full forward, reverse & stop control. It has terminal blocks to connect four input devices and a regulated 3V supply is fed in to the 80 way connector to power the inserted micro:bit.
In this new version, the pins from the micro:bit are now broken out to pads on the end of the motor driver board. These pads can either be soldered onto directly, or they are the correct spacing for our PCB pin headers (see image below for a close up of the new pads).
It is ideal for designs such as buggies (see below).
It includes an integrated edge connector slot for your micro:bit to easily slot into. It also features external connections to the buttons A and B inputs. This allows additional switches to be connected to the motor driver board and the state of these can then be read by the micro:bit.
Get up to speed quickly. Example Microsoft TouchDevelop code and example connections in the datasheet (below).
- Drive 2 motors with full forward, reverse, and stop control
- Terminal blocks for easy connection of motors and inputs
- 4 inputs (2 analogue inputs and 2 provide external connections to buttons A and B as inputs)
- Includes edge connector for the micro:bit to slot into
- Provide regulated power to the micro:bit
- Access the other micro:bit pins easily and conveniently
- 1 x edge connector motor driver board for the micro:bit
- Length: 67mm
- Width: 61mm
- Height: 18mm
- 1 x
- 4.5 - 6V power supply
- 2 x DC motors (that are compatible with the power supply used)
- 1 x flat-headed terminal screwdriver