An easy, simple and ready-to-go robot for your BBC micro:bit.
The MiniBit is the younger sibling of the popular and well-loved Bit:Bot. It comes ready-built (just the wheels need pushing on).
A Makecode extension is available - just search for "MiniBit" in the Advanced/Extensions tab. Blocks are available for driving the motors, LEDs and optional ultrasonic sensor, line follower module, 5x5 matrix breakout and OLED Breakouts.
- 2 micro-metal gear motors. Both fully controllable in software, for both speed (0 to 100%) and direction (forward or reverse)
- Fully enclosed gearboxes to minimise the ingress of dust and fluff
- Wheels with rubber tyres for maximum grip
- Metal ball front caster
- 4 FireLEDs along the front. Select any colour for any pixel, produce stunning lighting effects as your MiniBit moves around
- Integrated pen holder sits directly between the wheels for best operation. Designed for Sharpie felt tips but any pen with 10mm end shaft will fit
- Powered from integrated 3xAA battery holder with on/off switch and blue indicator LED (batteries not included)
- Easily plug your BBC micro:bit in and out using the edge connector
- micro:bit pins 0, 1, 2 as well as 0V and 3V brought to croc-clip friendly edge connections
- Robust connector for optional Ultrasonic sensor and other breakouts
Optional extras available
- micro:bit not included
- Batteries not included
- Breakouts not included