Metro is our series of microcontroller boards for use with the Arduino IDE. This new Metro M0 Express board looks a whole lot like our original Metro 328, but with a huge upgrade. Instead of the ATmega328, this Metro features a ATSAMD21G18 chip, an ARM Cortex M0+. It's our first Metro that is designed for use with CircuitPython! CircuitPython is our beginner-oriented flavor of MicroPython - and as the name hints at, its a small but full-featured version of the popular Python programming language specifically for use with circuitry and electronics.
Not only can you use CircuitPython, but the Metro M0 is also usable in the Arduino IDE.
At the Metro M0's heart is an ATSAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0 processor, clocked at 48 MHz and at 3.3V logic, the same one used in the new Arduino Zero. This chip has a whopping 256K of FLASH (8x more than the Atmega328) and 32K of RAM (16x as much)! This chip comes with built in USB so it has USB-to-Serial program & debug capability built in with no need for an FTDI-like chip.
Comes fully assembled with headers, tested, and with the UF2 bootloader loaded on. We also include 4 rubber bumpers to keep it from slipping off your desk. No soldering required to use, plug and play!
Good news, CircuitPython now comes preloaded!
- As of April 27, 2018 we have updated the design to have lower analog noise, replaced the SMT DC jack and headers with through-hole headers and jack, and now ship with CircuitPython already loaded.
- ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 256KB of FLASH + 32KB of RAM
- 2 MB SPI Flash chip
- No EEPROM
- 32.768 KHz crystal for clock generation & RTC
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- You also get tons of pins - 25 GPIO pins, 5 more than the Metro 328
- Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
- PWM outputs on almost all pins
- 6 x 12-bit analog inputs
- 1 x 10-bit analog output (DAC)
- Built in NeoPixel on pin #40
- Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Power on/off switch
- 4 mounting holes
- We also include 4 rubber bumpers to keep it from slipping off your desk
- Reset button
- Adafruit Black PCB with gold plate on pads
- Dimensions: 71mm x 53mm / 2.8" x 2.1"
- Height (w/ barrel jack): 13mm / 0.5"
- Weight: 20g
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.