Build your own cellular project and get off the grid with FONA. This pack comes with an uFL-antenna type FONA and paired with hand-picked accessories. It's the Adafruit FONA - uFL Starter Pack.
The FONA miniGSM is an adorable all-in-one cellular phone module that lets you add voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an adorable little package.
This module measures only 1.75"x1.25" but packs a surprising amount of technology into its little frame. At the heart is a GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM800) the size of a postage stamp. This module can do just about everything. This starter pack has a uFL connector. For the SMA version, click here! And for the Adafruit FONA 800 uFL Shield version click here!
Sounds delicious, right? So we plated this fine module onto a little breakout with all the extras you need to make your next project shine:
On its own, this module can't do anything. It requires a microcontroller to drive it! We suggest and use an Arduino but any 3-5V microcontroller with a UART can send and receive commands over the RX/TX pins.
Microcontroller not included! We recommend an Arduino UNO to go along SIM card not included! If you are in the USA, we recommend TING
This Pack Contains:
This Pack Contains:
- 1x Slim Sticker-type GSM/Cellular Quad-Band Antenna - 3dBi uFL
- 1x Mini Metal Speaker w/ Wires - 8 ohm 0.5W
- 1x Vibrating Mini Motor Disc
- 1x Adafruit FONA - Mini Cellular GSM Breakout uFL Version - v1
- 1x Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 1200mAh
- 1x Wired Miniature Electret Microphone
- 1x Cell-phone TRRS Headset - Earbud Headphones w/ Microphone
- FCC TCB BT
- R&TTE Statement of Opinion
- FCC Part 15B Test Report
- FCC Part 15C Test Report
- FCC RF Test Report
- FCC TCB
As of March 6, 2019 we changed the earbuds to be 'Apple Like' headsets, they work just the same.
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.