Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. The Adafruit MCP9600 does all that for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller or single-board-computer with I2C. Inside, the chip handles all the analog stuff for you, and can interface with just about any thermocouple type: K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R type are all supported! You can also set various alerts for over/under temperature, and read the thermocouple (hot) temperature and the chip (cold) temperature. All this over common I2C
This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Works great with 3.3V or 5V logic. Comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). Match it up with our 1m K-type thermocouple.
- Works with any K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R type thermocouple
- Datasheet rated for:
K Type: -200°C to +1372°C
J Type: -150°C to +1200°C
T Type: -200°C to +400°C
N Type: -150°C to +1300°C
E Type: -200°C to +1000°C
S Type: +250°C to +1664°C
B Type: +1000°C to +1800°C
R Type: +250°C to +1664°C
- Resolution of ±0.0625 °C - note that K thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant
- I2C data connection
- As of October 10, 2019 we're shipping MCP9600's with datecodes after 1845 so that they are not affected by the repeated-data bug mentioned in the eratta
Product Dimensions: 24.3mm x 20.3mm x 2.6mm / 1.0" x 0.8" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 1.7g / 0.1oz
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.