Yes, this is an adorable HDMI television with incredibly high resolution and built in 3.5W stereo speakers! We tried to get the best possible HDMI/VGA display with high-res, high-contrast visibility. The visible display measures 10.1" (25.7cm) diagonal, and the TFT comes in an enclosure with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect a 9 to 12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack (not included) then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a television display!
There's some little buttons on the front that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It auto-detects which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display. It comes with a basic stand (shown) and there are two 'mounting thread' holes in the back that are 72mm apart and you can use M4 screws to attach it to an enclosure.
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI to HDMI adapter) or SECAM.
The + and - buttons on the front allow you to quickly change the speaker volume. Its not a HiFi but its fairly loud and good for movies & games.
Works great with a Raspberry Pi or a BeagleBone Black, as well as our XBox, Windows desktop and Macbook (with an HDMI adapter cable). Some OS's such as Windows may require you to set the audio output to the external display but with the XBox & RasPi it immediately used the speakers without any poking or prodding.
A power adapter is not included. We recommend a 9V power supply, as that voltage seems to work best
- Driver Datasheet
- Keyboard Datasheet
- Monitor Dimensions: 257mm x 165mm x 41mm / 10.1" x 6.5" x 1.6"
- Screen Dimensions: 229mm x 127mm / 9.0" x 5.0"
- Weight: 595g
- RTD2668 Driver Board
- Panel Type: a-Si TFT-LCD Panel
- Panel Size: 10.1"
- Resolution (RGB): 1366x768, WXGA
- Display Mode: HFFS, Normally Black, Transmissive
- Surface: Hard coating
- Brightness: 400 cd/m^2
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1 (Min.)
- Display Colors (8-bit): 16.7M
- Response Time (Tr+Td): 30
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 85/85/85/85
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.